beril.akcay

beril.akcay
LIFE IS A GLAM

Thursday, March 27, 2014

a beautiful Beauty post



wanted to start my post with a throw back to this picture
 my hair by: Mina Youssefi
my makeup by: Catherine Crump
and the amazing Cavalli dress

there is so much work that goes into beauty, and looking great
and having the right team of people is extremely important,yes! 
but there are so many other things and details that we have to do ourselves, things that can just make big differences
now:


It is a little difficult to adress everybody, becasue we are all diffferent and i cant give beauty advices for everyone so the best solution would be for me to tell you what I DO

-my simple details-

HAIR:
this is the full set of all the brushes that i use

3 different teasing combs, depending on the fullness of the tease you want
the very thick teasing comb is also good for when you want wear your hair-up, you can catch the little freeze hair on the sides with it-

in this picture-you can see how the sides are all nicely tucked in, the thick comb really helps with that
so that you don't have to go to a Hair stylist when you want a quick updo

the one on the left: is for self blowdrying
the right: is when i have tangled hair, so easy to comb it though with this one

all the procduts that i put on my hair as an extra care and shine
Living Proof by Chris McMillian( the owner of the hair salon that i go to in Beverly Hills) and Jennifer Aniston, the products are just amazing, Altena products are always amazing, Bb shine spray is the best, Prive i started using very recently but very happy

my FAV FAV FAV, hair spray
would never switch to some other brand
if you buy the Spray and Stay line- it does make the hair very hard and thick, good to know but thats what i want especially for updos

I only use Maybelline mascara
sometimes switch between different ones they come up new, but its always just the BEST

i use so many different brands of fake Eye Lashes- I am addicted to fake eye lashes:)))
this is a new one i discovered recently, so far so good!

since i never sun tan or go out in the sun whatsoever, sometimes with some outfits you just gotta have a TAN, so i go to DermaBlend!!!
Boscia nose strips for the pores is amazing
once a week, makes all the difference for me
woohooo
nose strip time
and
no-make-up
hand lotion and body lotion, every night right before going to sleep

my veryyy organized Make-up case

and my main Nail colors that i mostly wear, Butter London
.....


from beauty products to a beauty day:
 SPA

i am a spa junkie LOL
(there are really good spa recommendations on my previous posts)

this new one, is the one i tried couple weeks ago

The SPA at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel

the view of the Pacific ocean is absolutely spectacular
 SPA entrance

 i am so ready for this, with my Victoria's Secret yoga pants and Pink top


 Lounging room
treatment room
 ok, so the treatment that i picked for the day was:

California Citrus Body Polish

California Citrus Body Polish
 
60 minutes
Fresh lemon verbena and gentle buffing grains are creatively blended with extracts of ruby grapefruit and blood orange to elicit the emergence of fresh new cells. A soothing Vichy waterfall shower and a hydrating cream finish preserve the moisturizing benefits.


Balance-Renewing Services for a Soothing Escape
Indulge in a variety of luxury treatments inspired by the sea at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Laguna Niguel. By addressing the individual needs of each guest with comprehensive programs, our resort offers self-indulgence at its best. All therapies are authentically designed to nurture body and mind, enliven the spirit, and uncover nature’s beauty – providing a blissful return to balance. Here, essential elements from the ocean bring life, well-being, and new beginnings in the presence of rich minerals, sea salt, algae, and water. This is the unique foundation that sets the tone for every escape – pure benefit, pure results.

Waterfalls are said to have negative IONS in them
a very important point i think!

-heres is the link for a very interesting read about the negative IONS that a waterfall would contain 


I like the waterfall pressure effect but its good to know exactly what it is about before doing it i think...



 after my treatment, cozy and warm and happy


 nice snacks


Overall experience:
I like body polishes because it stimulates the cells and causes metabolism to run faster
also the waterfall high water pressure is always good 
but as far as the SPA itself, i can not say that its one of my favs:(
it was OK but not OMG
:(

.....

picture mix:

 no Make-up

 rockin the Red Carpet at the annual Cedar's Sinai Women's Guild GALA

 how can you not love this face
 chic mom and the well behaved pup having lunch in ASPEN

 she wants her belly to be rubbed; RUB my Belly MOM

Paris, launging at the St REGIS in ASPEN

 Chris McMillan Salon, Beverly Hills
hair color time!

 Beverly Hills casual

 maxed out!!!
break from shopping after this

definitely maxed!!!
at the Louis Vuitton store

 love this picture of mine
 #mystyle
.....


My very dear friend Laura Baratta hosted a beautiful fundraiser luncheon at her beautiful home benefiting CHOC, Children's hospital



some of the guests decorated tables for Laura event

everybody did a great job
and of course I did a table too
here are the pics




 Laura's tabel was Mc Kenzie&Childs theme
LOVEEE

and my PUrPLE table



 .....
busy girl picture:
getting ready for an upcoming photo-shoot
it will be sooo exciting!!!


Thank You for reading my BLOG
sending everybody best wishes
xxxooo

fallow me on instagram
@berilakcay 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beril, umarim iyisindir :)

    I just want to say that i really love you and your personality, you seem to have such a good heart and radiates really! I die and love your style so amazingly fresh and elegant good can not find words for how amazing your style is! :) LOVE IT! I have a couple questions I so much would like to ask you but I do not know if you will see my comment and read it? Do you have any mail or something I can contact you on? Where you see all you get so that I get an answer from you :) I would like to ask these questions because I wanted to ask them asking some time now and always wondered :) I hope you see my comment here .. cevabiniz gercekten benim icin buyuk bir onur .. ve beni bir okadarda cok sevindirirdi cunku gercekten cok sevdigim bir tarsiniz var muhtsem! Adeta bayiliyorum tarsiniza! And you have such an eye in all the beauty which I love! So I would feel so blessed if I got a response from you :)

    Much Love beautiful Berin!

    Best Regards
    Didem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Thank you for the very sweet message!

      So happy to hear all your nice thoughts

      you can e-mail me at berilakcayglam@gmail.com

      Best Wishes to you,
      sincerely, B.

      Delete
  2. Hey Beril omg you have them whitest teeth ever! :-) Can I ask how you got them so white? Those are your real teeth or have you fixed them? Then I wonder if you bleached them? And as for toothpaste and toothbrush you use? Somethingthat is super good? I really wanna know That Cause of teeth is so fresh shave and so white I just feelt in love with ur teeth lool Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Thank You very much!

    There is a previous post that tells everything step by step about my Teeth Care, called:

    -Teeth your most imp. asset! What i really do

    also, I have veneers thats mainly the reason for the whiteness...The post also talks about the veneers and the process as well...

    Hope it will be helpful

    sincerely, B.

    ReplyDelete